Call ++ 353 87 224 9146 (outside Ireland)

Places of Interest

johnstown_castle

Places of Interest in Co. Wexford

John F. Kennedy Arboretum
New Ross, Co. Wexford, Ireland
A plant collection of international standing with 4500 types of trees and shrubs from all regions of the world. Covers 252 hectares. Open all year.

Duncannon Fort
Duncannon, Co. Wexford, Ireland
Duncannon Fort is star shaped and built at a strategically important promontory in Waterford Harbour.

Wexford Heritage Centre
Wexford Town, Co Wexford, Ireland
The prehistoric Celtic settlement of Loch Garman linked with the 9th century Viking settlement to form what is now Wexford. The present day narrow main street formed the market trail between the two communities.

National 1798 Visitor Centre
Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford, Ireland
The National 1798 Visitor Centre is family friendly, and tells the epic and heroic tale of the 1798 Rebellion and its aftermath using the latest multi-media and interactive computers.

Wexford Wildfowl Reserve
Wexford Wildfowl Reserve North Slob, Wexford Town, Co. Wexford, Ireland
The Wexford Slobs are famous for the wild geese which spend the winter months there. Nowadays some ten thousand Greenland White-fronted Geese, over one third of the world population, spend the winter on the Wexford Slobs.

Irish Agricultural Museum and Famine Exhibition
Johnstown, Co. Wexford, Ireland
The Museum is located in the old farmyard buildings of Johnstown Castle which were built about 1810. These have been restored and converted to provide facilities for Irelands largest Agricultural Museum.

Hook Lighthouse
Churchtown, Co. Wexford
Built in the 13th century as a navigation aid by William Marshal, Earl of Pembroke, as a part of his development of his Lordship of Leinster. The massive structure has three stone vaulted chambers with a spiral stairway ascending through the wall.

Ballyhack Castle
Ballyhack Castle Ballyhack, Co. Wexford
Ballyhack Castle is located on a steep slope in a commanding position overlooking Waterford estuary. The castle, a large tower house, is thought to have been built c. 1450 by the Knights Hospitallers of St. John.